Monday, February 24, 2014

2018 Winter Olympics: Pyeongchang, South Korea - Victor Ragsdale - 4th Period

XXIII Olympic Winter Games: Pyeongchang, South Korea 




     The 2018 Winter Olympics are to be held in South Korea in the city of Pyeongchang. Luckily unlike Sochi, the country already has 5 of the 13 needed venues, meaning that the country won't have to spend the estimated $51 billion on constructing the necessary venues for the events. 

      I'm glad that the Olympics will be in South Korea. Its a beautiful country that is modern day democracy. Now I can actually watch them, because I didn't want to watch Sochi 2014 because I felt conflicted about supporting the corruption that happened as a result of the Olympics. I don't like enabling. But now I feel that I can enjoy the Winter Olympics fully.

     Tell me what you think..... #SportsAtBTW 

Sourcehttp://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/25/sports/olympics/south-korea-awaits-2018-games-with-a-different-plan.html?ref=sports 

1 comment:

  1. Interesting. I also felt a little conflicted about watching the Sochi Olympics, due to all the recent controversy, but, in all honesty, I mainly abstained from viewing them because I had homework. Still, I will be excited to see how South Korea shall confront the enormous task before it.

    ReplyDelete