Monday, December 16, 2013

Madison Ceurter 5th period: Colorado shooting victim described as sweet, smart, a horse lover

Claire Davis was a 17 year old senior at Arapahoe High School in Colorado when one of her classmates shot her in the head on Friday December 13th.  The man that shot her wanted to get revenge from the librarian, but he couldn't find her so he shot Claire and then he shot himself.  Claire and the man didn't even know each other, she was simply just a victim in this situation.  Claire's father said that she is in a coma, but she isn't doing very well because there is a lot of swelling on her brain.  Everyone says that Claire was a very sweet girl and she loved horses.  When I heard about this shooting I was very worried because one of my friends who is a junior goes to that school.  My thoughts immediately went to thinking that what if she was the one that got shot.  So I texted her, but she never responded.  I know that she is okay, but I am worried that she might have known this girl and might be having a hard time.  I bet it was very scary for any student at the school to know that there was someone there with a gun.  My prayers go to the school and family and friends of Claire.  #prayforclaire

2 comments:

  1. It's unsettling that students are turning to violence like this just to get back at teachers. My prayers go out to Claire and her family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's frustrating that bad things like this happen to good people. People think it's ridiculous that we have to walk through a metal detector everyday, but it's because of things like this. Thinking of her and her family

    ReplyDelete