Monday, April 23, 2018

Sadie Schiermeyer- Waffle House Hero


Last month another active shooting happened, this time at a Waffle House. A 29-year-old named James Shaw Jr managed to tackle the gunman down and save many lives. On Monday morning, the president finally called Mr. Shaw and thanked him for his actions. There are rumors of Shaw being invited to the White House for a visit, but it has not been confirmed.

I saw a post somewhere about how “if Shaw was white he wouldn’t have had to wait a month for that call” and it has stuck in my head since then. I do find it peculiar that he had to wait so long. Even Shaw commented on how he knows the president is a busy man and that he will just wait for his time. It is unrelated and there is no proof but it still puts me on edge. I’ve also managed to write nearly half of my current events over guns and reform now. It's sad really how many articles I can write about that in one year.

No comments:

Post a Comment