Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Racist promposal- Sanaya gangal

Summary:
     A picture of an unidentified teen holding up a promposal sign sparked outrage over social media due to the racist message it depicted.

“IF I WAS BLACK I’D BE PICKING COTTON, BUT I’M WHITE SO I’M PICKING U 4... PROM?”

    Not only did this sign prompt an outrage over Snapchat, it caused the school and the school district to  get involved. The Sarasota County School District stated, “this incident remains an ongoing investigation and any disciplinary action and recommendation will be made accordingly.”
   The president of the NAACP, Trevor Harvey, even responded to this poster by saying that “A strong statment needs to be made to their student body that this type of behavior will not be tolerated on any of our campuses throughought the school district, and, if so, there are going to be severe consequences.”

Analysis: 
   It’s shocking to even think that anybody would even come up with, let alone, publicize such a racist and cruel statment like this. It’s not funny or cute, it’s just rude. The fact that people- especially people of our age group- can even think of something like this concerns me because it shows that people still have the nerve to disrespect other races and make fun of people of color.

Source: 
https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/24/us/florida-racist-promposal-trnd/index.html

2 comments:

  1. I've been seeing this all over my instagram and it really makes me uncomfortable and mad. I don't get why he'd think that'd be okay and I DON'T GET WHY PEOPLE THINK IT'S OKAY TO HATE? WHAT IS THE POINT?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What on earth possessed this kid to think that this was okay? Like EVER???? I hope, however, that actual discipline is enforced with this kid and his idiotic statement-schools should be held responsible for enforcing discipline against this kind of behavior.

    ReplyDelete