Monday, April 23, 2018

Shayne Grant: George H. W. Bush in intensive care

     Former President George H.W. Bush was admitted into intensive care just two days after burying his wife of 73 years, Former First Lady Barbra Bush. He is suffering from an infection to his blood leading to life-threatening sepsis and was in critical condition. He appears to be stabilizing however the infection is very serious at his age of 93. Many believe that this most recent infection could have spurred from the grief and loss of his wife just last week. It is common for this disease to spawn out of stress.

     It is with a heavy heart that I read this. While I have disagreed with some of the Former President's policies, I have always kept H.W. and Barbra Bush close to me. I have admired how they respected others even when they disagreed with them. I am glad to hear that he is making signs of recovery and I will keep him in my prayers. I think it is important that we remember that presidents and their families are still people and that they touch lives in their passing. This is similar to the nation's angst and wonder after the Reagan Assassination attempt in 1981.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/23/politics/george-hw-bush/index.html

2 comments:

  1. It hurts knowing that his accident could be connected to the death of his wife. I can’t imagine what pain he must be feeling overwhelmed with. I will keep him in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope he is ok. I feel very bad for him

    ReplyDelete