Monday, September 26, 2016

Linnea Soderlund: Houston Shooting

Summary: Early this morning, a lawyer who supposedly had many issues at work sent six people to the hospital after opening fire in a residential area in southwest Houston this morning. The gunman was later shot dead by the police and has yet to be identified. Jennifer Molleda, the wife of one victim, commented on the incident to local news.

Analysis: This article by Christine Hauser is really upsetting. I would like to say that I can't believe that this keeps happening, but I can. These things lose impact and become less surprising and grow into normality. Nothing will change and people will continue to be killed and hurt until we really do something to fix it. It makes me so mad to see these kinds of events constantly pooping up in the news and watching everyone who has the power to change it standby and do nothing.

Synthesis: It's just like every other mass shooting that happens here far too often.
But this story also kind of reminded me of one episode of Criminal Minds where this guy had trouble at work and went on a shooting spree while driving.

2 comments:

  1. Linnea, I agree with you. People believe that because there are "some" people that use their weapons for violence that all aren't the problem, and that reminds me of elementary school kids asking their teachers why they should all be punished even though it was just one person. Gun violence affects all groups of people, and it's like my grandma always says, you only need one bad seed to taint the others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree that this is becoming so frequent it almost feels normal. It's unsettling that these shootings are happening all over the U.S., and so close together.

    ReplyDelete