Monday, December 11, 2017

Henry Haas-Trump resignation heavily encouraged

Recently several more women have come forward in regards to sexual assault. Around fifteen victimized women came forward since Trump was elected, describing various scenarios in which the President allegedly forcibly kissed them and advanced without consent. This also was a very prominent feature during the elcection, coming from both parties involving both Mr. Clinton and Mr. Trump. While many in the White House are defending the president, some senators including democrats from New York and Jersey have started a movement for his resignation. Frankly I think rape is a very important issue however I believe this is an awful way to handle such a delicate subject. Of the 25 or so allegations made, fifteen being made after the inauguration, around ten have been confirmed as fabricated, and no story has been investigated through far enough for any hard case to be made. I feel it is important for these cases to be explored, however I disagree with CNN’s view on the matter which seems to heavily support an immediate resignation with very little proof. One argument made in check against this is the case in 2005 in which Trump was recorded stating very sexist things about women, however, while it is disgusting and disgraceful, it was also stated that he had their consent. That “they let him(me) do it”. It’s not rape when you have consent, no matter how wrong it is. That is however still a very credible piece of evidence against the president, and I won’t deny it’s impact, but personally I find it rash for a claim as large in scale as resignation be made off of little evidence. That’s just my opinion though, I’d love to hear your thoughts as well.

 http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/11/politics/female-democrats-send-letter-trump-investigation/index.html


4 comments:

  1. I think people forget in this country that you are innocent until proven guilty. These allegations may be true, or they may be false, but for a news company to say that Trump should resign is outrageous. The president should not be accused of stuff like this, the president should be as close to perfect citizen as you can find, but there is no such thing as a perfect person. Trump doesn't seem to be perfect, but I don't know if he's committed 25 sexual assault cases because that seems like an awful lot. Maybe I'm wrong and he really has, but I have a hard time believing that.
    Brooke Simpson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trump doesn't contain any redeemable good qualities, and if he did, it wouldn't blur out the horrible actions he's committed. I fully believe he's committed all these offenses. May seem like a lot, but it's possible to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What about the qualities that gave America 1 million new jobs in 1 month. A national milestone. His actions in power thus far have been largely beneficial in most cases, and while he has been accused of some bad stuff, he has not been confirmed as guilty for those crimes. Because of this, he is innocent. As Brooke said, innocent until proven guilty. I’m not for or against his policies, but I wanna give him a fair shot

      Delete
  3. I agree that the simple allegations should not lead to an immediate resignation. It is important to have all the facts. While I personally do not agree with Trump or how he regards women, I don't know the truth and neither does CNN or the rest of the country. I think that the administration needs to step up and say that if these women really do feel this way than they should take it to court. That way a judge can decide on the reality rather than a bunch of teenage Americans (me included) on their computers.

    ReplyDelete