Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Oscar Pistorius Trial. Gloria Jones

We've all heard the stories of Oscar Pistorius's trial. The famous Olympic, double amputee has been accused of murdering his girlfriend. He is pleading not guilty, saying that he accidentally mistook his girlfriend for an intruder and shot her out of defense.
Now they are claiming mental illness. Saying he suffers from anxiety and depression. Therefore he will undergo a psychiatric exam before continuing the trial.
I do not know what to think about this trial. I feel that I may be biased because I was such a fan of his during the Olympics. It's interesting to form an opinion on someone before something like this happens. I hope whichever way it goes it will be just.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/05/12/world/africa/oscar-pistorius-trial/index.html?c=intl-homepage-t

2 comments:

  1. Tyra Harris, 5th period

    I've vaguely been following the trial. I don't know if I believe his story is credible, especially after claiming to have a mental illness months into the trial. I feel like too many defendants wrongly use mental illness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah Selby - 4thMay 14, 2014 at 11:18 PM

    Seems pretty sketchy to me. I don't think I trust what he's saying since he's suddenly making different claims - seems like he's quickly trying to come up with excuses. Will be interesting to see what happens.

    ReplyDelete