Monday, April 24, 2017

Suicide squad is a stupid movie. -Wallis Brown


Here at my current events blog, I only produce the most current, and quality-driven stories. Which is why I'm going to tell you how stupid the movie "Suicide Squad" is.
Suicide Squad did not live up to its expectation, to say the least. Margot Robbie, while an impressive gymnast, can't keep up a Brooklyn accent for more than a few scenes. Jared Leto, while a decent actor in other films, (Fight Club, Requiem For a Dream, etc.), isn't given enough screen time to let us see how he developed the character, leaving me extremely sad that we don't have Heath Ledger anymore. The characters are bland, the plot is weak, the Joker is, in a few words, not the joker. God I miss Heath Ledger. Suicide Squad could've been so cool, and they made it into a trashy music video WITH NO HEATH LEDGER.
I would've been totally fine with the "new image" of the Joker if they didn't try to act like Joker is "the hot guy". I don't need to see him muscle-y and shirtless, like some punk band singer. Just give me a good frickin' movie. 

What makes it even worse, is that people I know love it.
I went to a church retreat recently, and one of the members of my youth group wore nothing but "Suicide Squad" shirts. I'm not even joking. It's too serious an issue to joke about. She wore:
This God-forsaken thing
And this God-forsaken thing
And this God-forsaken thing
And this god-forsaken thing
Needless to say, I couldn't stand it. I hate Suicide Squad. Goodnight.

1 comment: