Monday, October 15, 2012

Christian Group FInds Gay Agenda in an Anti-Bullying Day- Natalie Newman

Bullying has existed as early as anyone can remember. However, over the past years it has become increasingly a bigger problem. One of the topics that has caused this increase in bullying, is the debate over the lifestyle of gay people. In a recent New York Times article by Kim Severson, she discusses how the Southern Poverty Law Center founded a program in order to decrease bullying and increase students stepping away from their cliques to meet new people. All of a sudden, people are stating that this program is "a nationwide push to promote the homosexual lifestyle in public schools." The organizers of this group were taken by a surprise when this idea began to spread. They argued that the project's purpose is to fight America's ungodliness, not push the lifestyle of homosexuality.

Being a part of the magnet arts has opened my eyes to being a more open and understanding human being. I believe the people that are criticizing the "Mix it Up" are people who are just searching for something to talk negative about. The project is just to create a more understanding America, nothing more.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/15/us/seeing-a-homosexual-agenda-christian-group-protests-an-anti-bullying-program.html?ref=us&_r=0

1 comment:

  1. I strictly believe be who you are. I don't agree to homosexuality, but I will not judge one of his beliefies. I have no heaven or hell to put you in so, therefor I can only tell you how I feel, and decide wether or not I want to be your friend or not.

    ReplyDelete