Monday, October 8, 2012

11 year old gets a tatoo? Dyamand Dillard

So, the story is a thirty year old women, Odessa Clay, allowed her eleven year old daughter to get a tatoo, which was constructed by her(mother). I strongly believe that this is a decision that was based on her mother's intuition. I don't think there was anything wrong with the girl gettig a tatoo, if her mother approves, but otherwise, I strongly believe that it's not necesary and it was done strictly because she's seen other's with tatoos. I think of it as this children need to be children as long as they can, I don't understand the reasoning of her getting a tatoo in the first place. I believe that if her mother approved then there should'nt be any type of issue because she's gotten her guardian's consent.


http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/mom-arrested-giving-her-11-old-tattoo-194700542.html

3 comments:

  1. I think there's nothing wrong with getting a tattoo, but if you get it at a young age you might regretted when your body fully develops and the tattoo changes form or position.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really understand the need for an eleven-year old to get a tattoo, nor do I understand why her mom was okay with it. But the fact is, she was okay with it. So there shouldn't be a problem. Although, one could say that the girl is too young to make these kind of decisions for herself and that her mom has bad judgement. Hm. What if when the girl gets older she hates it? She would have a reason to blame it on her mother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think its ok for an 11 year old to get a tattoo. That's just way too young, and an 11 year old is really isn't mature enough to start making those kinds of decisions about themselves yet. There are just way to many things that can go wrong.

    ReplyDelete