Sunday, September 9, 2012

World Suicide Prevention By Carlos Walcott

On September 10 2012, People try to prevent Suicidal causes. They try to prevent people from killing themselves and abusing other people as well. A International Association for Suicide Prevention comes together and talks to people about what their doing to themselves in anyway. This awareness should be treated like any other cause in the world. As in Cancer, Bullying, and even Animal Abuse. I feel like we should help the people around us and make sure they are always okay. Almost 3,000 people commit suicide daily in the world. If you feel like this is a problem in the world, you should stand up for what you believe in.  http://www.who.int/mediacentre/events/annual/world_suicide_prevention_day/en/index.html

5 comments:

  1. It's their body. If they cant handle living than give them the easy way out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While suicide is a tragically prevalent occurrence, I'm not entirely opposed to it. Of course, I believe help and support are entirely the first priorities in such situations, but in some cases in which people are at points beyond restoration, assisted suicide should be an option, for which Dr. Kevorkian contended so heavily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This concern to others is very impacting in our society today. We sure do have many opinions about this topic. I, myself believe suicide is the worst way to get to solving something, why kill yourself when you can seek help and learn how to manage your situation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Omar in the sense that I believe no one should have to take their own life although, I've never been in that situation. Maybe I can't really say anything because I don't know the feelings and the full extent of depression that goes on in peoples' heads when considering suicide. Still, it seems a terrible terrible way to die and I think we should all try to prevent it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great thing, but I want to add that I think people need to learn more about some of the common causes behind suicides today. Here's an example: Military Veterans make up one of the biggest numbers in today's suicide rates. Many of these people suffer from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. PTSD is stereotyped as a person just having flashbacks and periodic panic attacks whenever there is some sort of trigger. In reality, PTSD is very difficult to treat and it leads to extremely severe depression, but it is over looked often. I think a good knowledge about the mental disorders that cause suicide so much is a great place to start in order to prevent it.

    ReplyDelete