Sunday, February 24, 2019

Man granted to live the rest of his life wealthy after being in prison for 39 years when he shouldn’t have -AYSHA JACKSON

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/02/24/us/craig-coley-simi-valley-21-million-wrongful-conviction/index.html


Craig Coley spent 39 years in prison for a double murder he did not commit. He is now 71-years old and Simi Valley has concurred that he should live the rest of his life as a wealthy man. He will be given $21 million for almost four decades of incarceration. The crime he was wrongfully prosecuted for was the 1978 murders of Rhonda Wicht and 4 year old son Donald.

I understand that humans aren’t always right when prosecuting but all I can hope for is that for the rates of wrongful prosecution can go down with time. Maybe it never will because humans will never be perfect but hopefully we can better our law system to better maintain these situations.

It’s crazy because I know a man who was in prison for 20 years for a murder he didn’t commit. I think it’s safe to say that when you know in your heart that you didn’t do something wrong it’ll all work out in the end . I hope that Mr. Coley can become accommodated with this new modernized world with the help of his family like the man that I know.


1 comment:

  1. I don’t think giving money will ever return all those years lost for wrongful prosecution. But I do hope he can finally live his life.~ Stephannie Hernandez

    ReplyDelete