Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Walmart will now raise its prices - Siobhan Crummey

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/16/business/walmart-earnings-stock-tariffs-trump-china/index.html

Because of the new tariffs that Trump placed on goods from China, Walmart has been forced to raise its prices. This is not only a reflection of the growing tensions with China, but also the result of poor communications. Walmart has been a staple of low-priced food, clothes, and pretty much anything else for families across the country. The historical context relates to the Intolerable Acts at the time of Americas pre-revolutionary period. The audience is anyone who used to shop at Walmart, or anyone who still maybe does. The point of view is Nathaniel Meyersohn, and honestly I don't even know who that is, but I bet he's shopped at Walmart before. The purpose is to inform, and the importance is immeasurable, because the bad relationship with China has bled into daily life for every American.

6 comments:

  1. My family shops at Walmart frequently, along with millions of other Americans. Walmart's raised prices will most likely affect many people negatively. - Daniella Castanheira

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, and also I think that Walmart's stock will go down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, and I also think that Walmart's stock will go down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if they will have to change their slogan as a result of this issue...
    -Ryan Mecca

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely agree that their stalk will dramatically decrease esp, since their main ad is low prices. -kloe rhoden

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is sad that his decisions affect us the prices should expressed ASAP

    ReplyDelete