Monday, May 15, 2017

Miracle Boy Graduates- Abbey Winiger



SUMMARY- On Saturday the 29 year old Ryan Dant walked the stage in his cap and gown at his dream university, University of Louisville. Ryan is affected with MPS causing his spleen and liver to be enlarged. The geneticist told Ryan his life expectancy was 10 or if he was lucky 12. He would live in constant pain possibly blind or deafness, and decline in mental abilities. They got to work in spreading awareness and gaining help from scientists. Luckily this inspiring story will inspire many who have the same disease to not give up.

ANALYSIS/SYNTHESIS- I think this story is absolutely incredible. The article was written by Ashley Strickland and she is awe-inspired by this young man. I believe with this persistence anything is possible. Prior to reading this I had not heard Rya's story. This story reminds me of Franklin Roosevelt and dealing with his crippling condition.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/12/health/ryan-dant-college-graduation-mps-rare-disease-profile/index.html

1 comment:

  1. This story is inspiring, and makes me appreciate what I have. I also like the way you synthesized.

    ReplyDelete