Wednesday, May 17, 2017


Mackenzie Bessner- school bus crash 



Summary: In Las Vegas on Thursday, a bus crashed, injuring at least 14 students. The ages of the students range from 11 to 16, but none of their injuries were diagnosed as life threatening. It is not confirmed if the “fatal accident” was from the other vehicle or the school bus. On Twitter, a message was posted from Bailey Middle School’s principal, informing the parents of the crash. It said that the parents would be informed of the crash as soon as they identify who was on the bus. They requested parents to not go to the scene so that the proper services can be provided. 

Analysis: This is extremely scary considering the huge amount of school busses transporting students every day. A lot of my friends take the school bus, and I can’t imagine the shock everyone would be in after this. I am so glad everyone will be okay, but I’m sure students will have a fear of being on the roads for a while. This reminds me of the effects of a car wreck because my mom just got in a bad wreck last week that totaled her car. Thankfully, she only had small injuries as well. I am glad CNN is informing the public about the accident. This will help both drivers and passengers be aware of their safety.




No comments:

Post a Comment