Monday, October 17, 2016

Maggie Gibson - 3 killed, 12 injured in LA restaurant shooting, police say

This past Friday, October 14, at 12:30 AM, a shooter opened fire into a crowded house-based Jamaican restaurant in Los Angeles, CA. Three men were killed, and twelve were injured. The police arrived on the scene as soon as possible, after the incident was reported. The police have questioned two people with a possible connection to the shooting but no arrests have been made yet. On Saturday morning, all twelve injured were in the hospital, and some were in critical condition, but the names have not been released to the public.

The authors in this article were trying to inform the reader of the tragic incident. This event is unsettling to me, considering how frequently events like these happen and I feel helpless in being able to stop them. It's scary how we can just watch events like these unfold with the realization that it could happen to any of us easily. This topic relates to the controversy surrounding gun control, the Second Amendment, and the court case United States v. Cruikshank. This can be synthesized to the Boston Massacre surrounding the American Revolution.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/15/us/california-los-angeles-shooting/index.html

5 comments:

  1. This is horrifying to hear about this but what is even more horrifying is that this has become a regular occurrence. We need to enforce more gun control so we can elliviate gun violence related issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way,(your synthesis) things like this are happening all the time everyday. I feel that its unfair and we barely can do anything about it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way,(your synthesis) things like this are happening all the time everyday. I feel that its unfair and we barely can do anything about it

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's scary how often shootings are happening in our nation. I feel that if gun control laws were stricter shootings would occur less often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awful. I agree with Grace and Zia Bella's comments- we need more strict gun control laws in order to hopefully reduce the number of shootings that happen in the US.

    ReplyDelete