Summary:Now with the presidential debates coming close to an end it seems all information about the candidates have been released. With a video of Trump saying "You know I'm automatically attracted to beautiful-I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything." With Trumps okay on sexual assault towards women, some are speaking up and saying that they have experienced from him. A photographer for The Washington Post, Kristin Anderson says she was at a club and Trump stuck his hand up her skirt. To her they didn't even speak a single word or even a glace at each other. She says "It was very random, very nonchalant on his part." Trumps response to this issue was "I was sitting alone in some club? I really don't sit alone that much, folks." Another women speaking out about Trump sexually assaulting her Gloria Allred. She was hopping to get a job from him but, was surprised as he kissed her on the lips, twice. Then, he asked to go out with dinner with her but, when the time came, she was pushed to his bedroom. She kept refusing Trumps protests to stay. As she says "Mr. Trump, today I feel that you were interested in me only because you wanted to have a sexual relationship with me and for no other reason. However, after hearing the released audio tapes and your denial during the debate I felt that I had to speak out about your behavior. You do not have the right to treat women as sexual objects just because you are a star." And Trumps response to that was to start talking about how bad Hillary Clinton is.
Analysis:The article written by Gabrielle Levy at October/14/2016 describes the event of Trumps actions of sexually assaulting women. This affects us by how people are voting, with the debates and voting almost over everything is on a thin line. This article is important to show people not to vote for Trump and to address women are still facing everyday. With him not even addressing the issues or apologizing to it.Trump is supported so much is just shocks me how many people and America think the same as him. If he becomes president, he will be the role model for young kids, teenagers, and adults to treat and act the way he does to other people. Does America really want that? To go back into the old days were there was more separation of gender and race? To were people were even more unhappy of freedom of equal rights? We have come so far and to me Trumps planning is to take a step back of progression and movement in our country. Something that has happened in the past that relates to Trump is Richard Nixon being sexist towards Clinton's as he said "If the wife comes through as being too strong and too intelligent, it makes the husband look like whip."
http://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2016-10-14/two-more-women-accuse-donald-trump-of-sexual-assault
I personally don't want a sexist president who only views women as objects. There is no excuse for what he has done and said and I think it is downright disgusting.
ReplyDeleteIt's astounding that a presidential candidate is being accused of sexual assault and people are still supporting him. In the 21st century, the thought of such a horrible man becoming president is scary.
ReplyDelete