Monday, May 14, 2018

Isabella Hambleton- Tiger at prom

      At Christopher Columbus HS in Miami, they had a "welcome to the jungle" themed Prom. To add to the fun they brought in a live tiger to come and perform for the students. They took many videos and pictures and posted them. The posts went viral and people began criticizing the high school for bringing the tiger into that kind of atmosphere. They said that the music and loud noises were a mistreatment to the tiger as it was stuck in a cage all night with no way to get out.
  This article, written by Paul P. Murphy shows us an example of animal mistreatment. Animals should never be put in that kind of situation and should be where it is comfortable. Many people take animals for granted and don't take care of them the way they should be taken care of. This has opened my eyes and made me more aware of how I might treat other animals and how I can treat them better.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/14/us/tiger-prom-miami-trnd/index.html

2 comments:

  1. I believe that although it's cool to have a live wild animal, it's unfair to put it under unfortunate circumstances when it already has been caged in a zoo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria Gonzalez
    I agree with Mica. I dont think it is right for people to take advantage of wild animals like this.

    ReplyDelete