Monday, October 17, 2016


Tessa Ward

APUSH- 4th

10/17/16


Tight Races Remain in Three Battlegrounds: Nevada, North Carolina, and Ohio:


source: http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/17/politics/battleground-polls-2016-elections/index.html


summary:

The current polls for presidency between Donald Trump and Hilary Clinton reveal that Clinton is just a tiny bit more ahead in popularity among the people of Nevada and North Carolina. However, Trump is just ahead of Clinton in the polls of Ohio. These polls were taken on October 10th-15th right after the video of Donald Trump talking aggressively about women was released. These three states assume that because of the video recently realeased from 2005, explains how Trump thinks of women and that he has no respect for them. In Nevada, voters say that 46% will vote for Hilary, 44% for Trump, and 7% for the libertarian, Gary Johnson. In North Carolina, the votes are very close in number, with Clinton 48%, Trump 47%, and Johnson 4%. However, Ohio is voting more for Trump revealing that he has 48% of the votes, Clinton with 44%, and Johnson with 4%.


analysis:

I don't understand why the government set up polls in only those three states. And after seeing all of the vote percentages for Ohio, North Carolina, and Nevada, there are quite a few of undecided votes. I believe that not voting is still voting and I personally think that all of the people in America should vote because of the fact that the wrong candidate could be chosen and those people who decided not to have a say in this election could have made the difference in choosing the right candidate. Also, we have the individual right to vote and I think that we should use it because we never know how long we will be able to do that. In obvious news, I don't think that Gary Johnson is going to win. I think he just has too little supporters.



1 comment:

  1. I agree that Gary Johnson winning is a longshot, but I also believe it might just be possible because of how much both of the current running candidates are hated. Or we might just have Jill Stein 2016

    ReplyDelete