Monday, November 19, 2012

Hostess: Going Out of Business or Not? -Taiina Ayala

You probably have heard about the "Twinkie" maker going out of business. But are they really? Apparently the company's 18,500 employees were striking. 'What for' you may ask? Well, that's a good question. No one has really cared since everyone is so caught up in the travesty of losing an American favorite: The Twinkie. But just in case you were one of the few who wanted to know, the laborers were striking for the same ol' same ol', like we recently learned in class: benefits, pay, working conditions, etc. BUT 3 hours ago, another article was posted stating that Hostess is not going out of business quite yet! The company and one of its largest labor unions have agreed to go into mediation, which we also learned about in class, before Hostess can completely call it quits and lay off all its employees. So who knows? Maybe America will keep its beloved products. After all, thats' what makes us American, right? Greasy food and fatty snacks? DUH.

I am really sad about this. I haven't ever been a Twinkie fan but I do like some of their other products. FOR EXAMPLE, I eat Hostess Mini Muffins every morning for breakfast :( Now I'm really sad and I just don't know what to do. I mean sure, other companies make mini muffins but they are just not the same! Plus, Twinkies, Ding-Dongs, Ho Ho's and Snowballs are some of our country's favorites! I hope they can pull it together for the sake of my breakfast mini- muffins. :(

Source: http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2012/11/19/hostess-not-going-out-of-business.html
Source: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505143_162-57550880/twinkies-maker-hostess-going-out-of-business/

1 comment:

  1. Those are some pretty weird names O_o? Well I really don't care I don't eat those so called twinkies lol

    ReplyDelete