Sunday, January 20, 2013

Weird but true by Carter Brown

In a collection of news stories called "Weird but true" published in the New York Post, I found an interesting story that caught my eye. Vincent Bright, 48, has been accused of stealing his deceased father's body from a cemetery to a funeral burial. Because the story did not go into much detail, I had to do a little research. I found the full story on Huffpost Detroit. The son reportedly wanted to "bring him back to life". Police found the Dad's body in a freezer in the son's basement."It's an unusual case, it's not something you see every day," Gerald Karafa, Bright's court-appointed lawyer, told the Detroit Free Press. Clarence Bright's body disappeared from a cemetery on Monday morning, just hours before it was to be buried. Police arrested Bright and another man the next day after finding them with an empty casket in the back of their van. Officers, acting on a tip from other family members, found the corpse in Vincent Bright's home on the city's east side. Police Lt. Harold Rochon told The Detroit News that the son was religious and took the body hoping for it to be miraculously resurrected. I thought this story was just... Too funny and too weird. While I enjoy the theory of reanimating dead tissue, I do not, however, steal bodies from cemeteries, stuff them in my basement freezer and hope to perform experiments on them. Sources: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/18/vincent-bright-detroit-corpse-stealing_n_2504753.html http://www.nypost.com/p/news/weird_but_true/weird_but_true_fQ2EBQSvNi9CJ3PMDAf6wI

2 comments:

  1. This blog was... how do I say it? Relevant!
    ! Finally I have found something which helped
    me. Thanks a lot!
    My page: replica Pro beats headphones by dre

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, that's really creepy and quite sad. Poor thing, wasn't ready to let go. Scary...

    ReplyDelete