Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Richard Blanco Representin' - Taiina Ayala

Richard Blanco will be the 2013 inaugural poet. Mr. Obama picked Mr. Blanco because the poet’s “deeply personal poems are rooted in the idea of what it means to be an American.” I love this! He is Latino and gay, he is just really representin’ all kinds of minority groups and I will be routing him on from home when I see him on TV this month! He is right up there beside fantastic poets such as Maya Angelou and Robert Frost, former inaugural poets. YOU GO RICHARD BLANCO. Represent! It’s great to have Latino figures involved. This really connects with me obviously becasue I am hispanic and I just feel proud because I personally believe that there are not enough Latino figures to look up to when it comes to these things. YAY. Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/09/books/richard-blanco-2013-inaugural-poet.html?hp&_r=0

No comments:

Post a Comment