Monday, March 4, 2013

Horse Meat. Ew.

This article talks about the one of the biggest issues Europe is facing: horse meat. It's not just horse meat by itself, but instead it's mixed in with beef. This has been a big problem recently with IKEA stores in the Czech Republic. Traces of the horse meat have been found in their meat balls. Since that has been a big issue with IKEA and other food companies in Europe, many Americans have been worried horse meat might slowly and secretly make its way into food in the U.S. So this article is answering all the questions many people are worrying about.

I think horses are only for riding and definitely not being in our food. Maybe I think this because I don't each much meat anyways, but we already have beef, poultry, pork, seafood, buffalo, etc. to eat, why do we need ANOTHER animal to slaughter and eat? Horse meat is a good source of protein and Omega 3 but we can get protein from beef and Omega 3 from fish. I'm happy the US does not have any more horse slaughter houses and I hope it stays that way, but I do think people should be cautious of meat coming from Europe.

HORSE MEAT article

1 comment:

  1. I do agree the thought of horses being slaughtered brings a great disguist, but in reality it happens.

    SN-Jack N The Box used to use horse meat in their tacos!

    ReplyDelete