Sunday, February 3, 2019

21 savage arrested- Madi Haggard

21 Savage, a Grammy-nominated rapper, was arrested in Atlanta this Sunday by US Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency. The agency says he has been illegally present in the United States.  The famous rapper, whose real name is Shayaabin Abraham-Joseph, is a born citizen from the United Kingdom. The agency states that he came to the US legally in July 2005 as a minor, and then failed to depart under the terms of his nonimmigrant visa. ICE says Abraham-Joseph became illegally present when his visa expired in July 2006.  An attorney for the rapper said their representatives were working to confirm his release.



   I hope 21 gets to stay because even though he came here and stayed illegally, he has influenced many people and created an empire for himself.  He gives back to his “home” in Atlanta and inspires the kids as well as donates fro school supplies and necessities for their success.   This article was published Feb. 3, 2019, and was made to inform people of people in our country. It is essential for people to gain perspective on what's going on around them and how a situation is not as bad as it seems.

2 comments:

  1. Right now some rappers are making the wrong mistakes between going to jail or dying. These same rappers have the jobs of influencing the youth and some of the things they put in their music are harming our generations. If 21 savage IS a good influencer I hope he can stay and get things sorted out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently watched a few interviews of his before this situation and began to like him and respect him as a person. I was really shocked when I heard this news and couldn't believe it. I could tell that he had grown as a person when I was watching his interviews and I also enjoy his music. I know that he should have not let his visa expire without applying for another one, but I hope things workout for him.

    ReplyDelete