Sunday, February 10, 2019

"Read: Judge rules on Manafort Plea Deal"

**Foreword: I have very little legislative vocabulary, and there is very little supplied in the article aside from the official ruling documents. As a result, my comprehension of what is being said may be slightly skewed.

In the recent CNN article, Manafort's plea was accepted. Manafort plead guilty to lying in court. His plea was accepted.

After quite a terse summary, I feel the need to explain why it had to be kept so short. There really is not a reason to focus on the case itself when it's the concept that matters: exemption. What can one do to be exempted from something? What justifies exemption and the acceptance of a plea? Was this ruling what I would consider "correct?" These are questions that I find myself asking as we exam different court cases throughout history, especially the Plessy v.s. Ferguson case regarding Jim Crow Laws, which were unconstitutional in their inception.

In any regard, what does justify a plea? Was this situation ruled properly?

No comments:

Post a Comment