Monday, October 30, 2017

Maddy pollak/ gunman dresses as Santa Claus opens fire

A Halloween party was being held in central Austin on Sunday. Around 6 am police say a man dressed up as Santa clause opened fire. Resulting in 2 victims suffering life threatening injuries, a third victim being taken to the hospital with non life threatening injuries and a fourth who suffered minor injuries and was treated at the scene. Tim Kaupis has lived on the block were the shooting occurred for 12 years, he said the women who threw the party was a victim. Kaupis also spoke with the shooter before the party and had no idea something like this would occur. "He's always been very cordial to us. He's always been stable to us, but like I said, he never showed any signs to me,” Kaupis said.

This incident that occurred is disgusting, gun violence still continues to be a problem and there aren't being any actions made to making gun laws stricter. I still believe in the right to bare arms but I feel gun distribution should be tightly regulated to prevent guns going into the hands of someone who may cause harm to others.  My heart goes out to the families that were affected my this tragedy.

http://cbsaustin.com/news/local/breaking-austin-police-investigating-central-austin-shooting

4 comments:

  1. I agree with your stance on gun regulation. I feel like situations like this wouldn't happen as often if people were required to have rigorous mental health evaluations and criminal records checked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is actually sick. i cant believe anyone could do something like this. there needs to be proper gun control to make sure people like this dont get weapons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also agree with your stance on gun regulation and I don't see why anyone would do something like that. I wonder if he had a motive...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I understand your statement asking for better gun control. However, gun control laws are stricter than they have been in the last 30 years, and nothing will get even close to taking gun violence away. This is just another instance of the authorities not noting red flags from a clearly sick individual.

    ReplyDelete